1. Who We Are
- What information do we collect, and why do we collect it.
- How we use the information we collect.
- The choices and control you have over your information.
- Data retention and deletion practices.
We aim to keep this policy as straightforward as possible. If you are unfamiliar with terms such as cookies, IP addresses, and browsers, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these key terms. We encourage both new and long-time customers to read and understand our practices. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
2. What Personal Data We Collect and Why
When you create an account, modify your profile, set preferences, or purchase through our services, we collect information about you. We also collect data streams, files, and documentation within Metrix services to enhance functionality and user experience. Information gathered may undergo analytic techniques to protect your privacy.
Within our software, we employ various methods to hash, scrub, and encrypt your data. Administrative users may sometimes access information, and we maintain transparency about such access.
The information we collect includes:
- Asset information may involve asset-specific details such as logs, asset activity, or documentation.
- User information: We may gather user-specific data, including contact details, activity within our software, or documentation.
- Report information: When using location-enabled Metrix services, we may collect and process information about your location, such as GPS signals from mobile devices or sensor data.
- Training information: Administrative users may request log information from time to time, including results, activity, and other certification information.
- Unique Identifiers: We use technologies to collect and store information; we implement hashed values to protect your privacy when possible.
Administrative users may access your account activity, reports, and information. These users may access your account to improve your profile, update information, and more. Metrix does not assume responsibility for any errors or consequences arising from any mistakes.
If you upload images and media to our products, please avoid including images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS).
When you register for our services and software, internal methods are implemented for documentation control and internal communication. This documentation may include your license agreement, acceptance of terms and conditions, and more. In some cases, we utilize third-party providers for payment processing, and your payment information will be subject to their
respective privacy policies (e.g., Stripe, Xero Accounting Software).
We set up cookies to save your login information and screen display choices.
7. Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on our software may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles) that behaves similarly to visiting other websites.
We collect feedback directly from the product and employ analytics techniques to ensure data privacy while improving our services and user experience.
9. Who We Share Your Data With
We receive information about you from other service users, third-party services, related companies, social media platforms, public databases, and business partners. This information may be combined with data collected for various purposes.
An example of the third parties we may share information with includes:
- Organization administrators: To improve our service and facilitate organizational needs.
- Channel partners: For collaboration and enhanced service delivery.
- Industry organizations: To support industry-specific requirements and standards.
We do not share your private service information with third-party partners without written consent or exclusive instruction.
10. Your Rights Over Your Data
If you have an account with us, you can access and receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, as well as request the erasure of any personal data we hold about you, except data we are obliged to retain for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
11. Data Security
We take data security seriously and implement measures to safeguard your information. Further details are available in our Security Policy.
12. International Data Transfers
We maintain a secure, reliable service by utilizing servers worldwide. Additionally, we conduct business with organizations and channel partners worldwide, including countries such as Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, India, and the Philippines. We prioritize data protection and adhere to international data transfer standards. For more information, please refer to our Security Policy.
13. Contact Information
Contact name: Privacy Officer
Telephone: +61 07 3515 4132
The Privacy Officer
Level 1/53 Riverside Place,